The global ITS community is looking to the German city of Hamburg with great excitement and anticipation: from 11 to 15 October 2021, the Free and Hanseatic City will host the ITS World Congress. The ITS World Congress is the world’s largest flagship event on intelligent transport systems and services (ITS). With up to 15,000 visitors, an extensive congress programme, a specialist exhibition and live demonstrations, the congress is an important meeting place for stakeholders from the mobility, logistics and digitalisation industries. Under the slogan “Experience Future Mobility Now”, the 27th ITS World Congress will invite visitors to experience the mobility of the future live and in person at the Congress Center Hamburg (CCH), in the adjoining exhibition halls and at designated test and demonstration areas in the city.
At the congress, mobility, logistics, digitalisation, innovation and sustainability experts are invited to present and discuss the latest trends, technologies and solutions concerning the following key topics:
- Automated and connected driving
- Mobility on Demand, Mobility as a Service
- Goods journey from ports to customers
- Intelligent infrastructure
- New services from new technologies
- Solutions for cities and citizens
Interested companies can use the congress as a presentation and communication platform offering a multitude of participation opportunities.
- Congress programme: The congress programme consists of high-level plenary, executive and parallel sessions in which leading industry experts, decision-makers and innovators from the worlds of industry, research, politics and administration will address the six key topics of the congress. Highlights at this year’s event will also be the three regional ITS Forums from North and South America, Asia-Pacific and Europe. For the first time, the ITS World Congress in Hamburg will feature a cross-regional ITS forum focusing on ports, freight and logistics, and the topic of Urban Air Mobility (UAM) will be extensively reflected in the congress programme for the first time.
- Exhibition: As part of the specialist exhibition, companies can present their latest technologies and solutions for intelligent mobility and the digitalisation of transport on water, on land and in the air to up to 15,000 visitors from more than 100 countries. This provides them with access to the global ITS community and positions them in the marketplace for the mobility of the future.
- Demonstrations: The ITS World Congress offers a platform for the live and interactive presentation of innovative products or solutions to a broad expert audience. Live demonstrations held in the exhibition grounds or at designated demonstration areas in the city, for example in the form of test drives and presentations, simulations or augmented reality, complement the congress programme and provide a direct and realistic insight into ITS innovations. For the first time, the ITS World Congress in Hamburg will also include demonstrations in the fields of Urban Air Mobility and unmanned systems.
- Technical Visits: The Technical Visits also complement the congress programme and offer a look behind the scenes of companies, institutions and research facilities as they present the latest ITS developments in real operation. Technical Visits are on-site visits conducted in small groups and lead the participants to companies and organisations in Hamburg, the region and throughout Germany.
Together with the German Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI), the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg successfully applied to host the ITS World Congress 2021 in a Europe-wide call for tenders. The international event takes place in Europe every three years and was last held in Copenhagen, Denmark, in 2018. The organiser is ERTICO-ITS Europe, supported by the respective host city. For the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg, the specially founded company ITS Hamburg 2021 GmbH has been entrusted with the organisational tasks and is represented in the key decision-making committees.
Hamburg sees itself as a model city and living laboratory for intelligent transport and logistics. Even in the present day, numerous innovative projects and test tracks show how, for example, autonomous and connected driving, sustainable sharing and pooling solutions and smart logistics solutions will shape the urban mobility of the future. With this approach, Hamburg and the ITS World Congress will give both trade visitors and the general public the opportunity to experience innovative mobility solutions live and in person.
The congress has already received an extremely positive response during the preparatory phase, with around 950 specialist papers from 50 countries submitted in response to the call for contributions, including 600 from Europe. The prospects for the upcoming event are extremely promising, and the registration phase for the congress will start at the end of May. The registration fees are already published on the congress website together with all information on the programme, congress topics, side events and participation opportunities:
ITS mobility GmbH
Phone: +49 531 23172111